Distributed Polarization Crosstalk Analyzer
The PXA-1000 Distributed Polarization Crosstalk (X-Talk) Analyzer measures distributed polarization cross-coupling in highly birefringent materials such as polarization maintaining (PM) fiber and birefringent waveguides.
The PXA-1000 is based on an enhanced white light interferometer whose design eliminates the strong zero-order interference and reduces the multi-coupling interference common in traditional white light interferometers, both of which can cause “ghost” peaks in the measured signal. The removal of the “ghost” peaks enables the PXA-1000 to unambiguously identify the magnitudes and locations of actual crosstalk peaks, resulting in higher measurement sensitivity, higher dynamic range, and higher spatial measurement accuracy.
It measures space-resolved stress in polarization maintaining (PM) fiber by analyzing stress- induced polarization crosstalk, enabling the location of imperfections or areas of local stress inside PM fiber coils, including any stress from the winding process.
In Y-branch waveguides, it can characterize the alignment of pigtail fibers, as well as contributions to the polarization extinction ratio (PER) from features inside the waveguide.
- High crosstalk sensitivity
- High spatial resolution
- Large fiber measurement range
Wavelength 1310 or 1550 nm Xtalk measurement sensitivity <−75 dB (−80 dB typical) Xtalk noise floor −95 dB Xtalk resolution 0.25 dB Xtalk accuracy ±0.5 dB Measurement range
1.3 or 2.6 km standard
3.1 km available
6cm in PM fiber
0.75mm in LiNbO 3 waveguide
Spatial Accuracy ±20 cm in PM fiber
For full specifications, please download the data sheet.
- PXA-1000 Data Sheet
- PXA-1000 User Guide
- Polarization Crosstalk in PM Fiber
- Distributed Polarization X-Talk Measurement for the Production of Polarization-Maintaining Fiber Coils
- Complete Characterization of Polarization-Maintaining Fibers Using Distributed Polarization Analysis
- A Novel Method for Determining and Improving the Quality of a Quadrupolar Fiber Gyro Coil under Temperature VariationsMethod for Improving the Resolution and Accuracy against Birefringence Dispersion in Distributed Polarization Cross-Talk Measurements
- Accurate Method for Measuring the ThermalCoefficient of Group Birefringence of Polarization-Maintaining FibersPM fiber based sensing tapes with automated 45° birefringence axis alignment for distributed force/pressure sensing